Monday, December 27, 2010

Intro

From December 27th, 2010 to January 16th, 2011 I will be in the south of India studying urban planning as it relates to affordable housing and environmental sensitivity. Put another way, I'll be escaping the winter wonderland of southern Ontario for a more civilized climate.

Let's take a look at where I'll be going:



Kerala and Tamil Nadu are the southernmost states in India (excluding the Andaman Islands) at the tip of the triangle dividing the Arabian Sea from the Bay of Bengal. I'll be flying into Thiruvananthapuram (British: Trivandrum), the capital and largest city of Kerala, which will be home base for most of the trip. But I'll also visit Kanyakumari, where the Indian Ocean divides, Thekkady, near the environmentally significant Periyar Tiger Reserve, and Kerala's second-largest city, Kochi (British: Cochin).

Generally I'll post here daily with stories, photos, trivia and anything else interesting and relevant. I'll also post regularly to my Panoramio page:


Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment